A resilience toolkit for post-covid recovery
COVID-19 had a devastating impact on the creative and cultural industries. Small and micro-businesses have been hit particularly hard. To avoid future shocks, businesses must build resilience. This is typically done by either diversifying – offering new services or entering new markets – or pivoting in an entirely new direction.
Reorganising a business in this way isn’t easy. It relies on several characteristics which many micro-businesses lack, such as a digital/non-digital hybridity. If you’re a business owner, you may need support adapting to the unexpected market forces.
That’s where the Resilience Toolkit comes in. The tool helps you identify risks to your business, provides tailored resources on improving resilience and offers an opportunity to build a community of like-minded creative business owners.
How it works
If you manage a creative or cultural micro-business, you can use the Resilience Toolkit to:
- Calculate your resilience score
- Identify specific areas to improve
- Receive resources curated for your needs
- Track your progress over time
- Compare your performance with other businesses
Who is it for
The Resilience Toolkit is designed for businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Industry sector: Creative or Cultural
- Employees: 1-9
- Annual turnover: Under £1,000,000
- Business status: Registered with Companies House
- Primary income stream: Trade or sales
A special thank you to the creative micro-businesses from across the UK that were part of the study and helped shape the toolkit.